The Endless Day

 06-06-21, Sunday

I can't believe it's already our last day!  I have to leave for the airport around 1:30 tomorrow morning, so there's really no point in going to bed.  We go to breakfast earlier than usual and when we come back I start to wrestle with the Greek locator form again.  Ammar suggests that I try it on my phone.  That makes no sense to me, but, wouldn't you know it?  It works! There are some glitches due to a lack of logic on the designer's part and I get some help dealing with those, and pretty soon I get a confirmation email!  I'll get the ever popular QR code at midnight.

The recessed lighting in our suite is all this delicious shade of blue.


The next fun project is getting everything in our suitcases! That is a little easier than it might have been because Ammar's find at the charity shop is really quite spacious! We're about as organized as we can be at this point, so yay for us!

Time to get out of the room and enjoy the great outdoors!  There are shops to explore! A few good finds and some interesting graffiti and then some ice cream for me and orange soda for Ammar and some tape for his thrift store suitcase, so it makes it home!

I think it's interesting that the signage is in English!



There are demonstrations in Jordan against the king and they are all over the news feed. Shudder! I worry about what Ammar is going home to!

After a nap, we head out for dinner and we are definitely not having KFC! The steakhouse has an outdoor downstairs sister operation and we find some yummy chicken options!  I get the chicken schnitzel with honey mustard sauce and grilled eggplant and green peppers.  Ammar has a grilled chicken breast with mashed potatoes and salad.  I can't finish all my chicken but I do get to finish his salad! And there's the beverage question.  Ammar gets carrot juice and I take a sip.  It's really good!  But it's not as yummy as the dark, German beer that's featured on the menu.  And it comes with a show!  The manager wants to show the new waitress the proper way to serve the beer, which involves a slow pour down the side of glass until it is almost full, then you vigorously twist the bottle back and forth between your hands until you've worked up a foam.  That then gets gently poured on the top.  Apparently if you don't do it correctly you don't get the full flavor!  So there!  And it's worth the effort!










It's a lovely evening for the stroll home and since we've learned why the jacuzzi didn't work last night, we have that to look forward to!  It's a good way to counteract the fact that I have to leave at 1:30 in the morning!  We've gotten most everything packed and the front desk has arranged a taxi.

We've finished off this terrific Jordanian baklava.  I can't believe we made it last so long!

The blue mood lighting in our suite perfectly fits the mood!

Ammar wants me to sleep a little before my twenty-three hour trek home and I give it the old college try.  Sigh.  

Yeah, there's nobody here!

At the airport I figure out that it's okay for the sign board not to say Aegean Air!  And that I'm an hour too early to check in!  So much for the three-hour rule for international travel!  At least my QR code from Greece arrived in my email, as promised.  I'm sure everything will be all right.  I've assured Ammar that I arrived safely, so he can get some sleep before he leaves for the airport at 10:30.  He'll be home before I board my flight from Athens to Newark!

Ah!  It turns out that Olympic Air is the right place to be for my Aegean Air flight!  And my bag isn't overweight! And I get a paper boarding pass so I don't have to count on the ones on my phone! And nobody cares about the stupid QR code that made me crazy for two days! And we don't have to take off our shoes for security!  All the worrying for nothing!  Better that way than the opposite!  I've run the Duty Free gauntlet and am sitting at my gate with lots of time to spare! Yay!  If I have to go hone, it should at least be stress free at times, like now!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Another beautiful day!

Going Home - Final post