Another beautiful day!

 05-06-21, Saturday

Another picture-perfect morning!  I'm up early and try to get some of the bookkeeping out of the way for tomorrow night (well, really Monday morning)  I'm able to check into my three flights without much trouble and my boarding passes are on my phone.  I even was able to select my seats, so that's good!  But there's always a hitch, right?  To enter Greece you have to have a locator pass and part of the registration procedure requires you to verify your email by clicking on a URL that they send you.  It takes between five and eight minutes for the email to arrive and by the time it does, the URL has expired and you have to request another one and it takes five to eight minutes...you get the idea. 

This took my mind off my aggravation for a while!


By the time I slam my laptop shut in frustration, Ammar is awake! He calms me down and we go up to breakfast where I realize that the mushrooms and scrambled eggs here are the best we've had anywhere.  And there is always a new treat in the bakery section.  And the cappuccino machine always works here!  Life is good.



View from the sixth floor breakfast room

The afore mentioned breakfast room! It was deserted at 9:30, even though breakfast goes to 10:30.

The roof-top pool

Just an example of the notices that posted everywhere about safety precautions


Today we've got a couple of errands to run before our massages at eleven.  I have to stop a couple of times to get my cat fix and every kitty I've met loves people! We stop first at the pharmacy for something Ammar wants and to ask if there is a testing lab close by.  The lady points one out right across the street and a few doors down;  but it's closed on Saturday mornings.  No problem!  We make a stop at a thrift store and I notice that the women's shirts are very much different (and cooler) than what we find at home! We head back to our old haunt and find the SaveCo Health Center, where I get a COVID rapid test for only fifteen Euros and a fifteen minute wait!  Yay!  I'm negative and the United States will let me come home! (The lady at our desk last night said that it would be sixty Euros!  I think that was for the full-blown test;  but I don't need that!)

Just a block or two back the way we came and there's our massage place.  It's actually part of the Sun Hall Hotel and Apartments and they have a lovely lobby and wifi which we can use since we're a little early. Right at eleven the lady comes for us and shows us into two adjoining rooms where our masseuses await us.  I'm getting the deep-tissue massage and my muscles are very ready for that!  




The hour passes so quickly!  Jasmine is a stocky, short Chinese lady and she hits all the right places, including a fascial and a tummy massage! It takes me a little longer to get dressed (of course!) and Ammar is sitting on the balcony waiting when I come out.  We take care of the finances and amble home, stopping to check out a clothing store and the mini mart on the corner of our hotel.  Ammar catches up on his work messages and I catch up on my blog!

Dinner beckons, but first a little shopping!  We've been so good about not doing that;  but you've got to do a little!  I wish there were craft shops; but I won't let that stop me!


We've decided on dead cow and go back to Hobos Steak House - they know us there!

I just love this little park with its carousel!

Ammar has something they call American Picanha Steak, grilled with Argentinian herbs, and he devours all 350 grams!

A simple filet for me, and I can't finish it all (240 g).


After dinner, just one more stop and then it's home again!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Endless Day

Going Home - Final post